Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Frozen Chocolate Monkey

"Just like the taste of chocolate banana. Vodka, banana liqueur and chocolate ice cream."

Chef's Note: 1% milk was added.

***

Does anyone remember "Maxwell Taylor's"? There was one location on Jasper Ave, and another right near 51st Ave. and Calgary Trail. They didn't last too long, but we did frequent it as much as we could going all the way back to 1994. I do believe that the Maxwell Taylor's brand re-opened maybe in 1999 or 2000, but it just wasn't the same.

The menu from the original restaurant (which I was able to obtain all those years ago) is a mouth-dropping 35 pages. No shit. And my favourite pages are 4 and 5. Those pages are these reason why we frequented the eatery so often. Ice Cream Drinks. Yes, a full-two pages of ice cream deliciousness.

As I've moved just a few months ago, and I unpacked a lot of stuff that had been in boxes and stored away, I happened upon the Maxwell Taylor's menu. It was essentially like finding a $20 dollar bill in your coat that you haven't worn since last winter...

The photograph:


As there were no exact measurements, I had to estimate all the inputs. My only thought would be that I put in just a little too much banana liqueur. Still tasty, though. The grade: 7.9 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment