Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Broccoli, Red Pepper, and Cheddar Chowder

1 small bunch broccoli (1/2 pound)
1 large boiling potato (1/2 pound)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups coarsely grated sharp Cheddar (about 6 ounces) (CJ used Old Cheddar - is Sharp cheddar an American term?)

***

Well ladies and gentlemen, I've found my new favourite soup. I'm just going to throw out the grade right now: 9.0 out of 10.0. Yes, it's THAT good. It looks great, easy to make, creamy and that cheddar just adds a new level of flavour to it. Noooooo, I didn't add any Essence of Pure Flavour - I didn't have to.

I highly recommend you try out this recipe if you are into something simple (it will require 2 pots) and delicious.

Here's the photographic evidence: (notice the chunks o' broccoli?)

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good, but is there any chance you can provide your sous chefs some cooking instructions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I am a little hesitant to re-type a recipe in it's entirety on my blog. I would think that having the complete recipe would be a huge red flag in terms of copyright, no?

    Maybe I'm just paranoid.

    Regardless, if any of my sous chefs want's a complete recipe, just leave a comment or email me and I'll get the goods to you.

    ReplyDelete