Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Mead

1 Bottle of Mead - Suggested serving is cold, over ice.

***

Well, we can thank Sherbrooke Liquor for allowing me the opportunity to pretend I was a (drunken) knight at the Round Table. I think they have the widest beer selection in Western Canada. They even sponsored an oak-aged beer tasting event that a friend and I attended back in March. Great place with a great selection of beer.

Mead you ask? Aye, m'lord.

Made from honey. Alcoholic beverage. Sweeter than peaches in June. Honestly though, if I had to describe it, I would say that it tastes like cheap ice wine. not bad, but nothing fancy. It smells like the Yorkton, Saskatchewan man's favourite after-shave.

Here's the photo. Sorry, I think I misplaced my receipt (with price details to add up top) while I was harassing the serving wench (just like in Savage Sword of Conan). Crom's Gut! It's hard to get good service here!!


The grade: a 6.2out of 10.0.

2 comments:

  1. i am pretty certain chef jeremiah used the mead to console his sorrow after Ryan Smyth refused his friend request on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...it was Dustin Penner who refused my request, NOT Ryan Smyth...

    ReplyDelete