Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Griffon Extra Pale Ale

6 341ml bottles of Griffon Extra Pale Ale 5%alc./vol. - $13.99CAD plus deposit ($0.60)

***

Well, I had just recently received an email from Sherbrooke Liquor Store, about some new fancy beer that they were releasing on Friday. I went to an oak-aged beer tasting event in March 2011 that they sponsored, so I figure that's how they got my email.

Well, I wasn't too interested in their new beer release. But I did have a hankering for something different. Supposedly the liquor store has the largest selection of beer in western Canada? I'm not sure if that's true, but they got a pretty mean selection, no doubt.

I tend to like the pale ales, so I wanted to give this a try. I didn't pick it because it has the same namesake/mascot (albeit spelled differently) as my current employer. And speaking of griffons, doesn't the logo down below look like a cross between a rat and kangaroo? yeah, I'm sure that helps with the sales...

 "Yeasty", was how my brother described it Friday after work. Who am I to argue with him? It wasn't bad, but I certainly wouldn't put it at the top of my list for beers to try again.

That being said, I think Brewster's puts some berries in some of their beer (not sure if it's for the pale ales or not), so I figured to try it out. I added about 3 blueberries. Meh.

Photographic evidence:

The grade: about a 6.4 out of 10.0.


2 comments:

  1. Finally an FDL update!! The proletariat rejoice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's tough to be Red nowadays...

    ReplyDelete