Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Earl's - One Pound Wings

One pound of chicken wings - hot, with parmesan dip and celery sticks.

***

Here you can see my lunch today:

Yes - your eyes don't lie - that character to the right of my plate is a cow. It's "Kimberly the AIMCo Cow". Yes, she dresses like a dude, but she's a good friend of mine from my days with AIMCo.

But no, I didn't meet her for lunch today, but another ex-coworker. It was at Earl's on campus.

The wings were just as tasty as I remember, from my days as an undergraduate at the U of A. Just hot enough to warrant a second beverage. And the wings meaty enough to fill my belly. I must say Earl's has kept their wings tradition intact. In fact, it was also Wings Wednesdays today, but that doesn't take effect until after 3 pm. The only thing I think I would like would be a blue cheese dip. That could be a nice sharp offset to the hotness of the wings.

Yes, you probably do pay a little too much at Earl's, but you also pay for the environment and ambiance... Not that I was paying. My ex-coworker did that. :)

Overall, I'd rate the wings an 8 out of 10. Very good.

1 comment: