Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Grilled 5-spice Octopus Salad with Spicy Tangerine Vinaigrette & Rendang Beef Asian Po'Boy - The Wild Tangerine

Grilled 5-spice Octopus Salad with Spicy Tangerine Vinaigrette  $9.00 CAD
Rendang Beef Asian Po'Boy                                                      $14.00 CAD

***

Three people who contributed a lot to society to come from Saskatchewan: Gordie Howe, Leslie Nielsen, and Felix. No, not this Felix but my ex-coworker. He (on a moment's notice) decided that we were to meet at "The Wild Tangerine" for lunch today (10383 112Street NW, Edmonton). It's on the South side of 104th Ave., right beside the Starbucks. I didn't even know this place existed, but well Felix opened my eyes to some pretty good food...

I ordered the Octopus salad and the beef Po'Boy. I've never had a Po'Boy before, so I was licking my chops in anticipation of that. And well, I order the Octopus salad because it had 5-spices and octopus.

The salad came first:
You really can't see the tentacles or the suckers very well. In fact, the Octopus plays a very minor part of the salad. The best way I can describe this salad is like a Thai mango/papaya salad. It was simply scrumptious. Crunchy vegetables and fruit combined with a slightly spicy and sweet dressing, it was very superb. The octopus wasn't really required - it was really 3rd wheelin' it like nobody's business.

The Po'Boy didn't disappoint:
Yeah, you only see half of the sandwich here. One of my ex-coworker's, "Kim" with her voracious appetite stole half my sandwich before it even got placed in front of me. It kinda went down like this. (Is that Captain Picard's voice?). Anyway, the sandwich was quite good - a slight curry taste to the beef. Hmm. Maybe that's what "Rendang Beef" is? The bread was soft, and the roasted red peppers and onions added some nice flavour.

Overall, a very good lunch surprise. The dinner menu looks great too, and the potato and lavender soup they served to the other table smelled divine. A little pricey, but a score of 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment