Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Coconut Ginger Chocolate Brownies

1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
2 eggs
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 chocolate chips
2 tablespoon diced crystallized ginger
1/2 cup dried, unsweetened shredded coconut

***

Wow. Have you ever been kicked in the mouth with pure delicious flavour before? Well, it tastes like these brownies. If you like chocolate and ginger, then this is right up your alley.

I cooked this up on Saturday afternoon, and had them warm and fresh from the oven. It indeed was chocolatey-ginger goodness. Unf*cking believable is what these were...



I bought a Thai cookbook about 6 or 7 years ago (Honestly, who doesn't love Thai??? Actually, I do know someone - I think my cousin's wife doesn't like Thai food). It's from an American chef - Nathan Hyam, and this recipe was contained therein. He tends to westernize some of the Thai recipes, but it's still a great resource. I have to admit, this cookbook is my favorite, and I've made a handful of desserts and a few main courses. All but two have worked out. I'll see if I can throw together something else from his book soon.

Even before I took my first bite, I think that maybe a suitable substitute for the ginger might be dried cranberries. (Seriously? Yes, Niki, SERIOUSLY). All my little sous-chefs know that I like cranberries, and you can see that I've cooked with them before. I do think the chocolate flavours would go along swimmingly with the cranberries. When I try it I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment