Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Hot and Honeyed Sweet Potato Soup with Lime

4 cups (2 L) water (Hey - I know that doesn't quite add up, but that's what the recipe says). I used 6 cups/1.5L water
2 lbs. (1 kg) sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed. I used Yams.
1 jalapeño pepper
juice and grated zest of 1 lime. I used 4 key limes.
1/4 cup (75ml) honey
1 teaspoon (5ml) curry powder
salt and pepper top taste (I know, it should be "to" not top - but that's what the recipe said. Poor editing on the Journal's part, that's for sure...). Actually, I forgot to add these!
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
sour cream, salsa, extra cilantro and lime wedges


***


Do you want to turn this:


into this?


I bet you do. That's what I did tonight.

This recipe was obtained from the Edmonton Journal food/bistro section about 7.5 years ago. It was on page 2, and on page 1, there's an article on Emeril, Jamie Oliver and Nigella Lawson with their photos. Have you ever watched Nigella's shows? The camera guy always, always pans in to her chest. No, no, I'm not complaining, as she has a very nice chest. She's very chesty. In fact, I quite like it. What's not to like? But you have to know your audience, don't you? How many guys actually watch her show? Besides me?

Hmm. What was I writing about? Chesty soup? Is there such a thing? Don't tell him...

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this recipe. Also, the soup looks good (although I would have used sweet potatoes).

    ReplyDelete