Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Risotto with Mozzarella and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

5 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 cups Arborio rice
1 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil, plus whole leaves for garnish
Salt and freshly ground pepper

***

I found this recipe in one of my mom's cookbooks that I was looking through yesterday, trying to figure out how to cook the acorn squash. I haven't had risotto for quite some time - probably over a year, so it was about time to give it another chance.

This dish was pretty good, although I should have chopped the basil a little more than I had. It was fairly tasty with the sun-dried tomatoes and all that cheese.

Here it is in the pan:


It certainly doesn't look very beautiful, does it? Maybe I should work a little more on the food's presentation?

2 comments:

  1. I never would have thought to up sun-dried tomatoes in risotto. I'm going to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete