Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Chocolate Banana Coconut Cake with Mango Lime Sauce

2 ripe mangos, peeled and seeded
2 tablesoons lime juice
1 cup mango juice

See previous post for cake recipe.

***

At my new place of employment, we don't take coffee breaks all week. Until Friday afternoon. On that day we take 1 hour of the afternoon off to chit chat, and someone has to bring in a cake or dessert to nipple, er, I mean nibble on. (Speaking of which, one of my friends <cough>Dylan<cough> complained that I didn't have nearly enough boobies on my blog. So this is for him). So I signed up for this Friday and I brought a double whammy of the Maple Apple Blueberry Crisp and Chocolate Banana Coconut Cake with Mango Sauce.

Well, it was okay with the sauce. It wasn't as yummy as I was anticipating, but it still played of the rich moist chocolate cake pretty well. It was basically like thick mango juice. Oh well, better I make it than have Booster Juice charge me $5 (CAD) for it. Regardless, a respectable 7 out of 10.


Good news, everyone! It looks like we'll be heading out for NFL picks and brunch tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have a restaurant review for all my little sous-chefs to read.

1 comment: