Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Elm Café

Early Sandwich $8 (CAD)
Americano $2.5 (CAD)

***

Well, my friend's ex-coworker suggested we go to Elm Café for breakfast. I'm just guessing their ex-coworker's, but I'm not too sure. 

Anyway, this little place is just off of Jasper in the Oliver area. It's probably only 80 square feet, with about 20 square feet designated as eating space. This place is small, with a correspondingly small menu.

I haven't had an Americano for quite some time, so I ordered one. I was just a little displeased. I can't quite put my finger on it. Was it too bitter?

The sandwich was okay - it had eggs, spinach, ham and cheese in it. But for $8 (CAD)? Really? I mean it was okay. Not too filling, and, but not value for your hard-earned sestertii. Nothing that really wows you at all. Not a lot of flavour.

Overall, I'd give it a 6 out of 10. Mildly disappointing, but perhaps our hearts were misguided - as it wasn't really a breakfast spot. It was more of a "I've-got-to-walk-the-dog-this-morning-and-I-need-a-coffee-and-I'm-in-the-neighbourhood" kinda place.

It is what it is.

Regardless, you can feast your eyeballs on this:


No comments:

Post a Comment