Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Garlic Lime Chicken Breasts

1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 chicken breast halves (2 pounds total), rinsed and patted dry

***
I got this recipe from my Gourmet cookbook. It's a fantastic book, a Christmas gift from a couple of years ago. Lot's of good stuff (Cuban sandwich and some mouth-watering pancakes...). But this recipe just didn't cut it.

Well you marinate the chicken for at least two hours (which is what I did). But the lime and garlic flavours didn't end up penetrating the chicken all that well. That and the chicken cooked a little too unevenly - some overly cooked - dry, like that muffin at had at the Camrose Starbucks a couple of days ago. (Why do I keep going back there? I swear it was like eating a mouthful of the Sahara. Awful.) Anyway, some of the chicken was still a little pink.

Very little taste to the chicken, and I would highly recommend that you let it marinade for more than 2 hours, just for the hope the flavours develop a little more.

As always, here is the photographic evidence:

As for the grade: a 5.5 out of 10. Yeah, that's pretty bad for Chef Jeremiah. But I calls it like I tastes it - cuz Food Don't Lie...

No comments:

Post a Comment