Food

Jeremiah's food related reviews and experiences.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kit Kat

Nutrition Facts (per 45g bar):
Calories: 230
Fat: 18% of Daily Value
Cholesterol: 2% of Daily Value
Sodium: 2% of Daily Value
Carbohydrate: 10% of Daily Value
Vitamin A: 2% of Daily Value
Calcium: 6% of Daily Value
Iron: 8% of Daily Value

2 Bars of Nestlé products for $2 CAD at the local Petro-Canada here in Leduc.

***

Nestlé has always had a special place in my heart. With such scrumptious candies, I always wanted to cash in with their goods on Hallowe'en as a child...

The Kit Kat bar has recently moved into Chef Jeremiah's "Top Three Chocolate Bars". The number one slot is occupied by "Smarties" (another Nestlé product) - don't you EVER offer me any M&M's, otherwise I'll respond like this. The Silver Medal belongs to "Skor" (go for a Skor Blizzard at Dairy Queen. It is Divine. I swear they even meet the Virgin Mary's approval). Number Three is now the Kit Kat, with the Coffee Crisp close behind.

My allegiance to the Kit Kat shifted this past summer, during my tour against communism. We weren't allowed to leave the facility during our break time or for meals. So our Beloved-Employer-Corporation provided us with meals and snacks. Said snacks included fruit, banana bread, youghurt, cheese, leftovers from previous meals. And candy. If dentists had a Saint, I'm sure she/he would have rolled their eyes in disapproval.... but Chef Jeremiah's palate has a hunger for sweets. Chocolate in particular.

Most of the chocolate bars came in those small sizes that you'd hand out to children at Hallowe'en. Indeed, I think the Beloved-Employer-Corporation was dippin' into their supplies a little early.

Regardless, I had a lot of Nestlé in the summer. There's just something about those four crisp wafer bars of a Kit Kat surrounded by chocolate. I just love it. Sweet. Smooth. Creamy. Delicious!

I wonder if they've ever thought of increasing the size of the bar to include a fifth bar?

Keep your panties on - I know how badly you want to see one:

I'm not a marketing major and I'm far from a customer-service expert, but I think this bar is superb. Grade: 9.3 out of 10.

Chef's Note: It turns out those teeth-molesters DO have a saint. Appollonia is her name, and sounds like getting her teeth smashed was her game. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment